Our PEMS (Predictive Emissions Monitoring System) modeling software is Patented and US EPA approved. It accurately predicts the environmental emissions e.g. NOx, CO, CO2, SO2 etc. from gas, coal or oil fired boilers & reformers without the need of actual hardware analysers known as CEMS (Continuous Emissions Monitoring System).
As compared to traditional hardware CEMS, the PEMS:
- Is more than 50% cheaper in installation cost
- Is more than 90% cheaper in operating & maintenance cost
- Is more reliable and has an uptime of over 99%
- Doesn’t require calibration, zero or span checks
- The payback time for PEMS software in a petrochemical complex is less than a year
- It takes 4-8 weeks to install PEMS in a Windows PC at a site and no shut down is required.
- PEMS has been installed at hundreds of locations worldwide
The best part is that in most cases PEMS can use historical data from your existing properly maintained CEMS installation, whether it is in paper-based reports or digital formats in a historian, to fine tune the model for accurate future performance.
Depending on availability, some typical process inputs that PEMS uses to work accurately are:
- Fuel & air flow rate
- Ambient weather conditions (Temperature, Humidity etc)
- Combustion temperature
- Fuel calorific value
Please Contact Us for further details or to schedule a demo install.
If you are interested to find out more about PEMS – Predictive Emissions Monitoring System, please check out following additional resources of legal approval and educational articles:
- PEMS vs CEMS CMC detailed presentation (13MB)
- PEMS TNRCC Texas standard draft 1994 (1MB)
- PEMS US and International Acceptance (2MB)
- PEMS Council of Industrial Boilers 2017 (1.5MB)
- PEMS Feasibility Study Hsinta Power Taiwan 2003 (1.5MB)
- PEMS in Steel Industry Paper 2006 (1MB)
- PEMS in Power-Eng magazine (external URL)
- PEMS in Chemical Engineering magazine (1MB)
- New Jersey DEP PEMS (<1MB)
- North Carolina PEMS E6 (<1MB)
- Pennsylvania PEMS approval Title V permit (<1MB)
- Maryland Dept of Env PEMS Approval NSR_SIP_Package (4MB)
- West Virginia DEQ PEMS 14-0027E-Draft (<1MB)
- US EPA PS 16 2017 (<1MB)
- Virginia DEQ 809 PEMS (<1MB)
- Virginia DEQ 808 PEMS (<1MB)
PEMS is a tried & tested technology which is more economical than hardware CEMS.